For more information:
Nursing Care of Children with Chronic Conditions in School
The review for admission is conducted by the UW-Madison Division of Continuing Studies Adult Career and Special Student Services and the School of Nursing.
Apply for this Capstone Certificate as a University Special student through the Division of Continuing Studies. Applicants should select Capstone Certificate as Reason for Applying and Nursing Care of Children with Chronic Conditions in School (UNCS725) as the program selection.
In addition, applicants should submit the following materials to the School of Nursing for review.
- One complete set of official transcripts. This should be from all institutions attended, excluding UW-Madison. Submit unopened, official transcripts from all institutions outside of UW-Madison in one envelope to the School of Nursing Graduate Admissions Office (see address, below) postmarked or in person by the March 1 deadline.
- Reasons for seeking admission to the capstone certificate. In your typed, double-spaced statement, please indicate your reasons for applying, work experiences that contribute to your knowledge and interest in the area, and goals for the future.
- Curriculum vitae or resume.
- Photocopy of nursing license. Applicants should submit a copy of their current state nursing license.
- International applicants must submit an official English proficiency test score prior to admission. A minimum TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of 600 for the paper-based test (PBT), 250 for the computer-based test (CBT), and 100 for the Internet-based test (iBT) is required by the School of Nursing. An alternative to the TOEFL is the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with the minimum score set at 8 or the MELAB (Michigan English Language Assessment Battery) with a required minimum score of 85.
Materials should be sent to the following address:
University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Nursing
Academic Programs Student Services Offices
1124 Cooper Hall
701 Highland Avenue
Madison WI 53705
Applications are considered for fall semester start only.